I am regularly asked by the media to comment on topics related to the future of work, negotiation, and conflict management in the workplace.
I have been featured on CBC, Radio Canada, and BBC Work Life. I have also published several opinion pieces for The Conversation and the Montreal Gazette.
Jean-Nicolas Reyt is an associate professor of organizational behavior at McGill University’s Desautels Faculty of Management, where he conducts research on the future of work and conflict resolution in the workplace.
His research has been published in leading management journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, and the Journal of Occupational Health Psychology.
Prof. Reyt teaches organizational behavior and negotiation at McGill-Desautels in the B.Com, M.B.A., Ph.D., and Executive programs. He conducts corporate negotiation seminars and workshops and works one-on-one with managers as a negotiation coach.
Prof. Reyt was awarded the “Innovation in Teaching Award” by McGill Desautels in 2022 and named “Professor of the Year” by McGill MUS in 2021.
Below are some of my most recent mentions in the media, with external links to their respective sources. Please contact me if you discover an error.
- McGill University – McGill 2nd at Baylor University’s Negotiation Competition
- CBC News – What the Federal Workers’ Deal Means for the Future of Remote Work
- CBC News – Is a Four-Day Workweek the Future of Work?
- CBC News – Would You Want Salary Transparency in the Workplace?
- CTV News – Avoiding Abuse in Clogged Emergency Rooms
- BBC Worklife – Why the ‘Sophomore Slump’ of Adulthood Hits So Hard
- Radio Canada – Semaine de Travail de 4 Jours : Et Si C’était Vous?
- Radio Canada – Semaine de 4 Jours : Sommes-Nous Prêts à l’Adopter?
- Negotiate Anything Podcast – How to Manage Stress During Negotiations
- Global News – Should We Work Four Days a Week?
- The Decision Lab – Management in the WFH World
- McGill University – COVID-19 and the Leadership Crisis
- CBC News – Do We All Need 40 Hour Weeks to Do Our Jobs?
- McGill University – Level Up: The Future of Work
- McGill University – JN Reyt Named MUS Professor of the Year
- Global News – Work: What’s Next? The Good and Bad of the Hybrid Work Model
- CTV News – How to Make Hybrid Work Work
- Ryerson University – The Pandemic and the Impact on Working Arrangements
- The Conversation – The Great Remote Work Experiment – What Happens Next?
- Arirang News – Will COVID-19 Make Us Socially Awkward?
- McGill University – BCom Students Negotiate Their Way to $30k in Savings
- Canadian HR Reporter – What Do CEOs Really Think About Remote Work?
- The Conversation – What Canada’s Top CEOs Think About Remote Work
- Montreal Gazette – Montreal Tech Firm Goes Digital First, Funky Office Second
- BBC Worklife – Coronavirus: How the World of Work May Change Forever
- Quebec Science – L’Essor du Télétravail: Du Bon et Du Mauvais
- Radio Canada – L’Avenir du Télétravail
- Radio Canada – Le Monde du Travail Est-il sur le Point de se Transformer?
- Radio Canada – Pandémie : Explosion du Télétravail
- BBC Worklife – Why Are Some People Better at Working From Home Than Others?
- The Conversation – Remote Work Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic: 3 Solutions
- Radio Canada – Trois Façons Dont la COVID-19 Changera Nos Vies
- BBC Worklife – Why a Revolving Door of Team Members Is Fuel for Success
- CBC News – The 4-Day Work Week Is Already a Reality
- CTV News – Should Companies Go to a Four-Day Workweek?
- 98.5 Montreal – La Semaine de Quatre Jours
- Global News – The Growing Trend of the Four-Day Workweek
- Negotiations Ninja – Turning Timid Students Into Expert Negotiators
- ICI Premiere – Les Défis du Retour au Bureau
- Canadian HR Reporter – Employee Benefits in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Mediate Now – Fight the Urge to be Compliant: Why to Negotiate Salaries
- Carriere Talk – Psychologie de Négociation: 101 des Offres d’Emploi
- Policy Options – What Canadian CEOs Are Saying About Work From Home
- Ivanhoe Cambridge – Est-ce que le Bureau Vous Manque?
- More Money Podcast – How to Become a Master Negotiator